Austin Bakes has raised money for victims of the Japan tsunami, Bastrop wildfires and West chemical explosion.
This month, local blogger Lisa Rawlinson is rallying fellow bakers for another citywide bake sale to benefit those affected by the earthquakes in Nepal.
The sales will take place at nine locations across Austin from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 23 with proceeds going to AmeriCares. (Click here to find out more about how the money will be used.)
Bakers will be set up at the following sites during that time:
- Whole Foods Market Lamar, 525 N. Lamar Blvd.
- Stiles Switch BBQ & Brew, 6610 N. Lamar Blvd.
- Whole Foods Market Gateway, 9607 Research Blvd.
- Whole Foods Market Arbor Trails, 4301 W. William Cannon Dr.
- Crema Bakery & Cafe, 9001 Brodie Lane
- Whip In, 1950 IH35
- Micklethwait Craft Meats,1309 Rosewood Ave.
- Springdale Farm, 755 Springdale Road
- Whole Foods Market Bee Cave, 12601 Hill Country Blvd.
You can donate to the cause ahead of time by going to the Austin Bakes for Nepal FirstGiving page. To find out how you can participate, send an email to Rawlinson at fullandContent@outlook.com or look for a post on the blog at austinbakes.com.